About Oregon Digital
A unique collaboration between the University of Oregon Libraries and Oregon State University Libraries & Press, Oregon Digital is a Samvera Project. All code has been made publicly available on Github:
- Oregon Digital application
- Metadata ingest forms
- Data transformations including ContentDM to BagIt (CDM2bag)and Comma-separated values to BagIt (CSV2bag)
Oregon Digital operates under linked open data principles. Rather than prescribe a specific schema, we believe in description at the appropriate level with properties available in an open world context. Individual templates are created to facilitate easy entry for particular collections and groups of items.
- Metadata Dictionary
- Locally Hosted Terms and URIs
- Copyright Statements
- Controlled Vocabularies
Metadata in Scholars’ Bank utilizes Qualified Dublin Core, NDLTD properties, and DataCite properties.
Access has been provided to digital objects that have met one of the following criteria:
- Item is in the public domain
- Rights are owned by Oregon State University or the University of Oregon
- Oregon State University Libraries & Press or University of Oregon Libraries has permission to make the object accessible
- Access to the item has been provided for educational and research purposes as a legal fair use